Tuesday, March 27, 2007

 

My comments

Well here we are two months into what the Biggest Loser calls my journey (weight loss journey). I've lost a whopping 2.6kg. Whoopee F#%king Doo. What's that? About 300 grams a week? Hmm actually 300 grams a week fat loss would equal 15 kilograms over a year. That's actually pretty freaking good. I mean, it's not dramatic from a week to week perspective but it's damn good over a year. In fact, doing the math that'd mean I'd be 85kg Jan 08. The last time I weighed that I was 19/20 years old!

I'm glad I thought that through 'cause now I'm pretty pleased with myself. Perhaps I'd been having unrealistic role models aka what the biggest loser contestents were pumping out. They work out 4 hours a day and eat right whereas I work out about 2 hours a week if i'm lucky and drink booze and "energy" drinks (night shift - don't you love them?).

Anyhow - time to go a bit harder. I signed up for the Army Reserve as a motivator (and to learn new skills, shoot guns, meet up with some top blokes etc) but their pretty piss poor with their communication. I fully expect some letter saying "come on in next week for fitness testing" instead of giving me a proper heads up. I'm also in the process of putting together an application for the Fire Brigade. They get to snooze most of their night shifts :-)

Anyhow (do I say that to much?) - I hope you guys and gals are still working towards your goals. Keep the faith, and if you fall of the wagon don't beat yourself up over it - pick yourself up and keep plodding along.

:-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?