Tuesday, February 20, 2007

 

Day whatever *again*


Image hijacked from here

Working a string of nightshifts. Am really run down. If anyone's got any tips on coping with nightshifts I'd be very gratefull.

On the positive side quite a few people at work are working off their extra kilo's as well. I think it may be linked to the Biggest Loser starting back on Telly. I like elimination time. Not to see people get booted but rather see the booted person kick arse by losing weight at home. Very motivational.

Got two weeks off coming up. I'll be hitting the boxing gym hard. With any luck that'll get me back on track training regularly again. I've been using work as an excuse for not training which we all know is a poor excuse.

Comments:
Keep those sleeping quarters Dark man! Try and fool your body into thinking it's on a normal schedule. I have been on nights for 2 years straight this month. DIet and excrcise make all the difference in the world too. Being on nights also kicks your immune systems ass so you get sick easier, as you seem to be finding out. Good luck!
 
Thanks for the tip

At the moment (actually whilst I'm in this career) I work rotating shifts. So in one work block I'll work a combination of 0645 -1645, 1115-2115 and 2100-0700. I've been trying to decide which shift I like the most, I hate getting up early. Getting up at 0500 to get to work by 0645 really sucks. Getting to bed at 0800 after a long night is not fun at all. Especially considering that the rest of the world really doesn't care that you've been up all night as an emergency services worker. So that leaves 1115 - 2115 shift. That'd have to be the winner, but it's by default.

On the health side of things I've never had so many day's off sick in my life. My mate who started at the same time say's the same thing. He is really getting knocked around and I doubt he'll last to long if things don't improve

I used to work in a job where my hours were 1000 - 1800. Now that was a great shift. You got up late, you missed peak hour traffic to and from work and you got home at a reasonable hour.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?